I have been craving orange chicken for a while now. That combined with the minimal time available to cook dinner tonight was enough incentive to put together this quick simple meal of orange chicken and rice.
1. 4 chicken legs
2. 2 tablespoons olive oil
3. 1/4 cup onion, chopped
4. 1 1/2 cup orange juice
5. 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
6. 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
7. 1 teaspoon pepper
8. 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
9. Salt to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil and saute chicken legs over medium heat until browned and cooked through
2. Remove and cover. Keep warm
3. In the same skillet, add saute onion until translucent
4. Add the orange juice, dijon mustard, soy sauce, pepper, chilli flakes and salt. Keep in mind that the soy sauce is salty, so add less salt than usual.
5. Cook stirring constantly until it thickens slightly
6. Spread over chicken and serve with rice