Tri-Vegetable Chinese Fried Rice
I was hankering for some good old Indianized Chinese fried rice last weekend, but didn't want to venture to Temptations, the Indo-Chinese restaurant close to my house. Apart from the fact that the food wasn't good, what made matters worse is that the service totally sucked!
But eat Chinese fried rice I must, so grabbed my old recipe book and put together a satisfying meal consisting of Chinese Fried Rice and Tomato mozarella basil crostinis (recipe coming soon!). The moment we polished off the rice, R and I went down memory lane, reminiscing all the amazing Indo-Chinese food we have had in Pune...starting wwith the unhealthy but super tasty food at the myriad of "Chinese" food stalls outside Pune University, to hole in the walls named Golden Dragon or Red Dragon to more upscale establishments like Chung Fa & Kamling.
Ooh, I can't wait to visit India soon!!
This is my submission to Nupur's A-Z of Indian vegetables 'T' letter event.
Indo-Chinese Fried Rice
1. 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
2. 1/4 cup green capsicum sliced thin
3. 1/4 cup green peas
4. 1/4 cup shredded carrots
5. 1/2 cup spring onions finely chopped
6. 3 tablespoons soya sauce
7. 4 teaspoons olive oil
8. Salt & pepper to taste
9. Chili sauce or Ketchup to serve
1. Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.
2. Heat the oil in a wok and add the vegetables. Cook on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the boiled rice, soya sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Serve hot chili sauce/ketchup on the side