Sunday, March 04, 2007

Pasta with Chicken & Dill





Ahh, pasta....A word that evokes a feeling of warmth and comfort food for most people as it does for me!

Pasta probably is the one staple that comes in so many forms: angel hair pasta, fetuccine, penne, tortellini, rigatoni, lasagna, ravioli, vermicelli, and the list goes on! Did you know pasta means paste in Italian. The "paste" could consist of different kinds of flour: whole wheat, whole flour, semolina, and corn among others depending on how healthy you want your pasta.

Pasta is also a great way to "hide" veggies for your kids, where you can get flavored pasta with spinach, tomato or artichokes.

Ok ok, now on to the actual recipe ;). I am not a huge fan of pasta smothered in tomato or cream sauce. Which explains why I jumped on this simple, non-saucy recipe shared by a young Italian student on a train going from Rome to Florence!

This recipe is also my entry to Ruth's amazing Presto Pasta Nights round up.

Pasta with Chicken & Dill
Ingredients
1 packet spinach flavored pasta
1 cup diced chicken
1 cup dill, finely chopped
4 green chillies, split in half
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, cut into thin slices
1 tsp garlic paste
3 tsp olive oil
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp pepper
Salt to taste

Method
1. Immerse the pasta in boiling hot water for a few minutes till cooked al dente (cooked firm, but not over cooked or soft). Pass through a strainer and keep aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a wok, and to that add the ginger paste. Stir the ginger paste till it turns golden
3. To this add the green chillies and sun dried tomatoes. Add some of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes to add flavor
4. Add the chicken, and saute till the chicken is tender
5. To this add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning
6. Add the dill and saute for 2 minutes
7. Toss this mixture with the cooked pasta and serve hot

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

I love herbs and use them all the time. But mostly I use the same ones for specific ways of cooking...like rosemary for roasted meats, chicken and especially potatoes. So dill is something I adore in soups and salmon - grilled or baked and of course my mother's chicken salad. Now I have a great new way to use it.

Thanks so much for sharing and joining in the fun.

Dhana said...

Thanks Ruth! I had a lot of fun participating!

Anonymous said...

Whats up! I simply wish to give a huge thumbs up for the nice info you’ve gotten here on this post.
I will probably be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.


Here is my site - seoul garden buffet restaurant in singapore