Saturday, June 09, 2007

Tri-Vegetable Chinese Fried Rice


I was hankering for some good old Indianized Chinese fried rice last weekend, but didn't want to venture to Temptations, the Indo-Chinese restaurant close to my house. Apart from the fact that the food wasn't good, what made matters worse is that the service totally sucked!

But eat Chinese fried rice I must, so grabbed my old recipe book and put together a satisfying meal consisting of Chinese Fried Rice and Tomato mozarella basil crostinis (recipe coming soon!). The moment we polished off the rice, R and I went down memory lane, reminiscing all the amazing Indo-Chinese food we have had in Pune...starting wwith the unhealthy but super tasty food at the myriad of "Chinese" food stalls outside Pune University, to hole in the walls named Golden Dragon or Red Dragon to more upscale establishments like Chung Fa & Kamling.

Ooh, I can't wait to visit India soon!!

This is my submission to Nupur's A-Z of Indian vegetables 'T' letter event.

Indo-Chinese Fried Rice
Ingredients
1. 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
2. 1/4 cup green capsicum sliced thin
3. 1/4 cup green peas
4. 1/4 cup shredded carrots
5. 1/2 cup spring onions finely chopped
6. 3 tablespoons soya sauce
7. 4 teaspoons olive oil
8. Salt & pepper to taste
9. Chili sauce or Ketchup to serve
Method
1. Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate.
2. Heat the oil in a wok and add the vegetables. Cook on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the boiled rice, soya sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Serve hot chili sauce/ketchup on the side

Enjoy :)

7 comments:

Coffee said...

That looks good...... I must say, I love your style of writing Dhana. :) Will keep dropping by for more. :)

FH said...

Oh Yeah! Those "Indo-Chinese" goodies!!;D
Looks great ,enjoy:)

TheCooker said...

OMG....the rice looks good!
I, too, can't wait to go back Kamling/ Chinese Room (Karve Road)/ Eddie's Kitchen kind of Chinese food.
Happy to discover another foodie from Pune.
Glam photo, BTW.

Dhana said...

Thanks Coffee, you made my day!! Look forward to seeing you here often...

Asha, thanks for stopping by. Congratulations on Trisha's success!

Cooker, thanks! Isn't Kamling the best? I still remember the really old Chinese couple who ran the place till about 10 years ago. They just added a personal, magical touch to the place. It's great to find a like minded foodie from Pune!

Anonymous said...

What a delicious dish! Love it!

TNL said...

That looks so good, now you got me craving some Indian Chinese food.....!

cheers, trupti

Dhana said...

Thanks Kristen!

Trupti, I hope you got some Chinese food finally :)!